It was Siouxsie Sioux who once said this was the record that always makes her go “WHOOOOOH!” – and generations of disco dancers would be with her all the way. Underneath all his satin and tat, the one and only Sylvester James McCoy exhibited bigger balls than the whole lot of rock music’s supposed “revolutionaries” put together. Verily a black, gay drag queen with a vocal ability that always sounded celestially sent it feels, four decades on, that this tired old planet still hasn’t caught up with Sylvester.
Related PostsDid you like this entry?
Here are a few more posts that might be interesting for you.
- Polari Magazine 2008-2014December 3, 2014 - 6:16 pm
- Tearing Up Their Map: An Interview with LambDecember 2, 2014 - 2:45 pm
- Future Islands • GigDecember 2, 2014 - 1:41 pm
- Puppets with Attitude (at Christmas)December 1, 2014 - 6:30 pm
- The Aesthetic of Voyeurism: Interview with Antonio Da SilvaDecember 1, 2014 - 1:25 pm
- Broke With Expensive Taste • Azealia BanksNovember 28, 2014 - 3:59 pm
- Royalty Strutting on an American College Stage: Miss and Mr. Gay ISU 2014November 27, 2014 - 2:59 pm
- Bright Light Bright Light: Everything I Ever WantedNovember 26, 2014 - 11:15 am
- Jaime Nanci And The Blueboys: ‘Toy’ TalkNovember 25, 2014 - 4:09 pm