While the jury’s possibly still out as to whether this JJ is the real deal – a bona-fide Janis Joplin for the TOWIE generation, maybe? – Jessie’s on-record pronouncements about her bisexuality are real enough. And after what seemed like an eternity of run-of-the-mill pop minxes styled and presented entirely for the benefit of the opposite sex – semi-clad, pouting, shaking their bits to their latest hits, etc., – there was something quite refreshing about this Essex girl turning the tables on the fellas on her debut single. At the end of the day it’s all about role models, isn’t it? And if I was a 2012 teen, confused about my sexuality, I’d imagine statements like “I’ve never denied it. Whoopie-doo guys, yes, I’ve dated girls and I’ve dated boys – get over it” might just feel like some kind of lifeline.
Related PostsDid you like this entry?
Here are a few more posts that might be interesting for you.
- Polari Magazine 2008-2014December 3, 2014 - 6:16 pm
- Tearing Up Their Map: An Interview with LambDecember 2, 2014 - 2:45 pm
- Future Islands • GigDecember 2, 2014 - 1:41 pm
- Puppets with Attitude (at Christmas)December 1, 2014 - 6:30 pm
- The Aesthetic of Voyeurism: Interview with Antonio Da SilvaDecember 1, 2014 - 1:25 pm
- Broke With Expensive Taste • Azealia BanksNovember 28, 2014 - 3:59 pm
- Royalty Strutting on an American College Stage: Miss and Mr. Gay ISU 2014November 27, 2014 - 2:59 pm
- Bright Light Bright Light: Everything I Ever WantedNovember 26, 2014 - 11:15 am
- Jaime Nanci And The Blueboys: ‘Toy’ TalkNovember 25, 2014 - 4:09 pm